Netherlands, Noord-Holland, HoornProduct development
As a growing organization, we are constantly working on the future. To strengthen our New Product Development team within Fasten, we are looking for a Sustainability Specialist.
AS A SUSTAINABILITY SPECIALIST
You have broad knowledge of innovative material development to replace plastics, including production techniques and applications. Based on your knowledge of (bio) Polymers, the circular process of plastics and global laws and guidelines, you advice team FASTEN about sustainability, the application of (or alternatives to) plastics in our packaging solutions. You work together in a hard-working and successful team of Senior Product Engineers and Designers that go for the maximum achievable at design and technical level. You are involved in all activities and stages of the product development process. These include:
- Contributing to research into innovative materials to replace plastics and increasing knowledge in the field of innovative materials;
- Increasing knowledge in the field of application and (mass) production of innovative materials;
- Follow global developments with regard to innovative materials to replace plastics and the circular use of plastics;
- Sharing knowledge about (worldwide) laws and guidelines;
- Maintaining contact with LCA and other advisory companies;
- Answering external sustainability questions;
- Knowledge of the recycling process of many different sorts of materials broken down by country of supply and production;
- Co-developing solutions products in accordance with the (sustainability)requirements;
- Co-developing packaging solutions that can be produced and assembled;
- Checking that the solutions meet the product and material specifications and tolerances;
Designing at Fasten means passion for (beauty) packaging, love for the engineering profession and possibilities in the field of materials and production techniques. You are therefore constantly working on “what is possible?”. Together with the team we go for "the next level", also in the field of Design, Innovatie and Sustainability. You also think about what is happening in the team; we are always open to improvement. Above all, we love a bias for action and and entreprenueral spirit. After all there is plenty to do! And... how cool is it if you find the product you worked on in the store and perhaps in every random bathroom cabinet in every household?
WHAT WE OFFER
As a Sustainability Specialist you are part of an energetic and hands-on team. You work with passionate and talented colleagues who inspire and support each other. We have fun and celebrate successes together, but we're also not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get the job done.
In addition you get:
- A challenging job in an inspiring, growing and international company with great products and a close-knit team;
- Many opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally;
- Competitive salary
- Good fringe benefits;
- Of course, a nice group of colleagues.
The location for this function is Hoorn and is easily accessible by bicycle, public transport and there is sufficient space to park if you come by car.
WHO WE ARE
Fasten BV, powered by the Innovative Beauty Group (IBG), is a global one-stop beauty shop. By collaborating with our clients as an extension of their teams, we bring beauty vision to life. Within our group, two brands complement each other to create synergies:
- Orchard Custom Beauty - creates and develops beautiful turnkey concepts within cosmetics, skincare, personal care and home care for international brands and retailers;
- Fasten - has a passion for packaging and designs innovative beauty concepts;
Together we are concept builders with global capabilities. We are always looking for new employees who are innovative, enthusiastic, resourceful and forward thinking.
WHO ARE YOU?
As a Sustainability Specialist at Fasten, we are looking for someone with a practical mind set and 1-3 years of work experience in a similar position. You work in a structured way, are stress-resistant and have perseverance. It is also important that you:
Have a completed Bachelor or Master level education in Materials Science, Product Design, Sustainability studies, Applied environmental studies, industrial engineering, product development, IPO or mechanical engineering supplemented by a study in Applied Sustainability Management;
- Have knowledge and profound interest in product development and the application of innovative materials to replace plastics;
- Have a great interest in sustainability, LCA (life cycle analysis) and LCI (life cycle inventory);
- You are an energetic, persuasive personality with unparalleled multitasking skills. Because you are working on multiple projects at different stages at the same time, you can switch flawlessly when the work requires it;
- You have experience with reliability and the manufacturability of a product. You know how a mold is put together and how it is built;
- Excellent mastery of both the Dutch and English language;
Interested in the position of Sustainability Specialist? Then we'd love to hear from you!
You can leave your details, CV and motivation via the form below. For more information, please contact David Dunnebier by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Fasten, visit our website at www.fasten.nl